Kelp by Linda Aronson - Review

Sunday 30 April 2017


Hello Book Lovers!!!

The final book I managed to get finished during the Dewey's 24 Hour ReadAThon was Kelp by Linda Aronson. I didn't enjoy this one so much, it just bored me more than anything else.


This is about a girl called Emily who's family live on an island and have a seaweed business. Nothing Emily wants to do. She doesn't feel like she fits in with her family at all and feels like she belongs somewhere else doing something completely different.

However when her second cousin John turns up to help her out she can't help but feel a closer connection to him.

That's all I can really say about this book storyline wise as it didn't really have much else to it.


So although the story was easy to follow, there really wasn't a lot happening ever. I was waiting for something to happen and it just didn't. I felt like sometimes the story was dragging on and repeating things we already knew.

Although I found Emily's character quite funny, I don't think she was necessarily funny in a good way. She was so annoying! She is only 14 years old and was swooning over her second cousin who is way older than her and still has a wife! Really!

I just didn't find the story very believable at all however I know this is an older book and definitely I book of it's time. So now I don't really think the story works but I think back when it was originally published it would have worked.

Overall I found this book to be a bit pointless however like I said maybe it would have been better when I read it years ago...but I can't remember!


Rating /5
2


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment