The Stuff of Nightmares by Malorie Blackman - Review

Saturday 29 April 2017

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've finished The Stuff of Nightmares by Malorie Blackman and I also used this as part of my Dewey's 24 Hour ReadAThon! This is my first completed book of the ReadAThon and I really enjoyed it.


This book is difficult to explain but it's about a boy called Kyle who goes on a school trip with is class on a train. However the train crashes and it appears that nobody has survived to start with except Kyle.

However as the story progresses we find out that's not exactly the case and actually there is a lot more happening than we originally realise.


I don't want to say too much more about the plot however it is a bit of a page turner and its definitely gripping. I loved the settings especially when we got to read about everyone's nightmares. I found these really enticing and exciting and I found that we got to learn a lot more about the side characters during these chapters.

I also really enjoyed the idea of the plot and how it was laid out. I don't want to say much on this however as I don't want to spoil too much for you and it would be hard not to by explaining.

I wasn't to sure on the ending as I thought it ended quite abruptly however the build ups throughout this story were fantastic.

Overall I really enjoyed this book but like I said I wasn't sure on the ending and I also didn't feel I got attached to any of the characters. However I would still give it a high rating as I felt like it kept me gripped throughout.


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx


No comments:

Post a Comment