Carry On by Rainbow Rowell - Review

Thursday 11 February 2016

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've finally read Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and I wasn't disappointed. It was full of romance, action, adventure, comedy etc. I've been so excited to read this book and having it finally read feels amazing.


Carry On is the fanfiction the character Cath writes in Fangirl. In Carry On we meet Simon Snow, The Chosen One. He comes from a care home and goes to a magical school and shares a room with Baz, a vampire.

Simon and Baz don't really communicate at all as they are against each other. However as the story progresses, we see the two become much closer and even a relationship pursues. We also meet Agatha and Penelope. Agatha was Simon's girlfriend at one point but once they split, Simon and Baz become a lot closer. Penelope is one of the friends and helps Simon and Baz in their mission to stop the evil Humdrum.

As the story moves on, we get to know these characters better and better, and how their friendships can help in saving each other. We get to see how they need each other in each of their lives and how there would be a missing piece if one of them wasn't there.


I really enjoyed this book and I don't have much negative to say about it at all. I loved the relationship Simon and Baz had and I loved the slow progression of how they got together. The scenes where they were becoming closer made my heart melt and I could picture the way they were with each other perfectly.

I also really loved Baz's character in general. From the moment he was introduced I knew I was going to love him. There's just something about him that is quite mysterious yet fabulously witty. One character that got on my nerves a bit however was Agatha. She was a bit to wingy and just got in the way a lot of the time. I didn't like how she treat Simon early on in the story and I felt that she always had to be involved in absolutely everything.

I was able to picture the scenery really well the whole way through and this is obviously down to Rainbow Rowell's fabulous descriptive writing. She never fails when it comes to description or character development. I thought the character development in this story was at a perfect pace for each one of the characters and I have gained another favourite fictional character from this (Baz).

Overall I think this book is perfect if you're a fan of Harry Potter as this has a similar vibe to it. I also think if you like fantasy with a bit of magic (and of course a beautiful vampire :p) then this book is definitely for you.


Rating /5
4


If you've read Carry On, let me know what you thought of it in the comments below and I'll speak to you all very soon.


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment