A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas - Review

Monday 2 April 2018

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've finally finished A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas! I'm currently taking part in a ReadAThon called the AprilAThon hosted by April over at the YouTube Channel Aprilius Maximus and there are challenges involved in this ReadAThon. One of the challenges is 'read a book you've been meaning to read for ages', so I thought instead of picking a book I hadn't started yet, I'd pick A Court of Wings and Ruin as I have been reading it for so long and wanted to get it finished. And I'm so glad I can finally say I've finished it!


If you aren't aware of this book, it is the third book in the A Court of Thorns and Roses series and the fourth book to this series is coming out this year. In this third book we follow the characters from the previous two books in their search for the cauldron that is going to be used to destroy the wall separating the mortal lands and the fae lands.

The characters go on a huge quest and on the way build an army that will go into battle with the enemy to save the wall from being destroyed and keep the mortals safe.


As this is the third book I don't want to say too much about the synopsis so we will leave it there but I will say that I enjoyed some aspects of this story but not all. I found that the book probably didn't need to be as long as it was and I definitely got lost in a lot of places which meant the story wasn't always holding my attention.

However I did really enjoy the battle scenes and the excitement and tension they built. I felt like I was holding my breath hoping my favourite characters weren't going to come to any harm and that they would survive everything they had to face.

I did still really love some of the characters (mostly characters I became attached to in the previous two books) however I found that there were so many characters to keep up with that I couldn't really get attached to many more and didn't feel like I got to know all of them as well as I'd like to have done.

The descriptive writing within this series is always so well done and I could always picture where the characters were even when I felt myself getting lost. The world within this story is so magical and its a world that although it is full of danger, I would still like to visit (even for a very short amount of time!).

Overall I think this book has its pros and cons and although it did lose my attention on a few occasions and took me so long to read, I think that the bits I did really enjoy brought my rating up slightly.


Rating /5
3


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment