George's Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl - Review

Thursday 11 May 2017


Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've just finished my fourth book of the Bout of Books ReadAThon and it was George's Marvellous Medicine by Roald Dahl! It was great to revisit this story as I loved it when I was a child.


This is about George Kranky who lives with his mother, father and grandmother. His grandmother has to have medicine at certain times of the day so one day when Mr and Mrs Kranky are out of the house, George decides to create a new medicine for his grandma to try to make her less grumpy!

You see, George doesn't particularly like his grandma as she is very demanding and mean to him so he wants to get his own back.

And trust me when I say...he definitely gets his own back!


I loved revisiting this story and these characters and I remember this story being one of my favourite Roald Dahl stories as a child. It's funny and witty and will make you giggle throughout.

I loved Grandma Kranky as she was such a horrible character but you couldn't help but laugh at her as she was also really funny. I also loved how Mr Kranky didn't tell George off at all when he got back to the house and instead wanted to make more of the medicine to try to make money!

The plot for this story, although is very simple, has such detail intertwined into it and the imagination that has gone into it is really fantastic. Roald Dahl is definitely a one for imagination as all of his books prove.

This book is just full of humour that will make you laugh no matter how old you are. That's what I love about Roald Dahl's writing, it may be aimed at a younger audience but anybody can read it and still get something good out of it.


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment