September Wrap Up | 2016

Monday 10 October 2016
Hello Book Lovers!!!
Today I'm finally getting round to telling you about all of the books I read in September! I only managed to read 4 books but considering how busy my month got, I'm pretty happy with that! So without further ado, lets get started!


The first book I read was...

Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer



This is the third book in the Twilight Series and probably my least favourite so far. If you don't know what Twilight is about, it's about Bella who moves to Fawks to live with her dad and at school meets a boy called Edward Cullen. Turns out Edward is a vampire and before long, Bella also wants to be a vampire.I didn't find this book to be exciting until nearer the end where the fight scenes started and I felt that the book could have been a lot shorter as the story was dragged out a lot. I only gave this book 2* on Goodreads.



The second book I read was...

Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone by J.K. Rowling



This is of course the first book in the Harry Potter Series. I'm not going to go into what this is about as I'm sure you all know but once again I absolutely loved this book. This series is one of my babies. I completely fall in love with the Wizarding World and the characters every time I visit them. I love all the magic and the characters and the world development is fantastic. I can't wait to carry on with the series and revisit more of the world. I of course gave this 5* on Goodreads.


The third book I read in September was...

Feel the Fear and do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers



This is a non fiction book that discusses the ways in which we think, and how we can begin to think much more positively. I was recommended this as I've been having trouble with anxiety recently and I definitely think this book helped me. It talks about lots of different topics such as relationships, jobs, changes in your life, social aspects etc. and how in each of these situations, you can turn negatives into positives. I found this book very interesting and helpful as it not only discussed these topics, but gave images, diagrams, quotes, and techniques throughout which made the book much more interactive. This is definitely something I'll go back to again and again especially if I'm feeling a bit rubbish. I gave this book 5* on Goodreads.



And the final book I read was...

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs



This is the first book in this series and I decided to read it as the film came out during September as well. This is about 16 year old Jacob who has been in a family tragedy and this then leads him to a small island just of the coast of Wales. There he finds the remains of an old orphanage which he soon discovers is Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. He begins to unravel clues as to who these children were, who Miss Peregrine was, and also whether they could still be alive. As well as this, these clues could lead him to how this place is linked to himself and another member of his family. I expected to like this book a lot more than I did. I did enjoy it, but I found my mind wandering a little too much. I loved the story, but I felt that sometimes not a lot was happening and that's when I began to lose interest. Saying that, I did enjoy the locations and the images throughout this story as they helped me visualise the settings. I gave this 3* on Goodreads.



So that's it for my September Wrap Up! It's now time to tell you my Favourite Read of September! And the award goes to.....


Feel the Fear and do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers!!!



You might have expected me to pick Harry Potter and of course I love Harry Potter. But I thought that I would pick a different book as Harry Potter wins all the awards for me! So the reason I picked Feel the Fear and do it Anyway is because I related to what was being discussed so much and I know it's a book that will carry on helping me when I feel down. It's something I know I can go back to and it has something in there for everyone.



That's it for this post. I'll be posting my video wrap up very soon so keep your eye out for that. Let me know what you're favourite book of September was and I'll speak to you all very soon!


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment