Feel the Fear and do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers - Review

Friday 23 September 2016

Hello Book Lovers!!!

Over the last couple of days I've been reading Feel the Fear and do it Anyway by Susan Jeffers...and wow, this book is amazing! I'm so glad it was recommended to me as I feel like it's helped me so much and it's definitely something I'll keep going back to.


So this is a non-fiction book and talks about ways in which we can help the way we think and how we can fight our fears in things such as jobs, relationships, social situations, changes to your life etc. 

It is split into chapters for each topic and each chapter goes into depth about the reasons why we think the way we do and what we can do to help these thoughts. Susan Jeffers also gives techniques which could help are thinking so we become more positive in everyday tasks rather than feeling fear in having to do something we don't think we are going to enjoy or we think we won't be very good at.

There are quotes throughout this that link to each topic as well as images and diagrams that help us visualise are mind and the way we think in both a positive and negative way.

The book is very interactive as you could do a lot of the techniques she tells you about as you're reading which gives the reading experience that little bit of difference.


I can't quite believe just how relatable this book was for me. I found myself saying 'that's me.....that's me.....that's me as well!' so much and I could put into context some past experiences for some of the topics discussed.

I found the images and diagrams very helpful in understanding the way our minds work and that helped me think of ways in which I could improve the way I think about certain things. I have issues with anxiety every now and again; it's not something that's there all the time like it is for some people, however it's something that comes and goes (usually very unexpectedly). As I have been feeling incredibly anxious over the last couple of weeks, I thought it would be a good idea to see what this book was about and I'm so glad that I did.

There were so many quotes I absolutely loved and agreed with and they made me think a lot about my self confidence and how I can improve that as it's something that as of at the minute, isn't that great.

The writing was very easy to understand and I never felt like it was dragging on which is something I find can happen quite often in books of this genre. Because of this I was engaged the whole way through and I flew through it. This is definitely something I'll go back to, especially if I'm not feeling great as I know it can make me feel happy and positive.

I would definitely recommend this if you feel a bit lost, or have trouble with self confidence, get anxious, feel low about areas of your life etc. as this book covers so much and I think there is something in there for everyone and everyone can relate to what it is saying in some way.


Rating /5
5


If you've read this book then by all means tell me your opinions on it and whether it's helped you in anyway and I'll speak to you all very soon!


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment