The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - Review

Thursday 12 May 2016

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've eventually finished The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern and I'm afraid to say I didn't enjoy it. I just couldn't get into it at all.


As far as I can gather, this book is about two young people that have been trained in magic and are brought together through the travelling Night Circus. Their trainers haven't told them, but they are actually in a game against each other. None of them know what the game entails or that they could both be in danger because of it.

What makes this even more difficult is that the two start to get feelings for each other and end up falling in love. By this point however they know about the game and that they are competing against each other which makes it very difficult for the two to come to terms with.

When the circus faces a spell that is out to destroy it, lots of events occur that would never have of occurred if it wasn't for this spell. This creates complications for the circus and the people involved with it.


I found this story difficult to follow and I didn't enjoy the writing style too much either which could have been why I found myself getting lost a lot. None of the story interested me much and if I did start to get into it slightly more, it would only last a couple of pages and then I would be back to being disinterested.

I didn't feel any emotions for any of the characters even though bad things were happening to some of them and I didn't get attached to any of them either which is something I love to do when reading.

The only element I could say was ok was I was able to picture the circus fairly well and I liked the way it was created as it wasn't the stereotypical circus you get all of the time. It had lots of mystery elements to it.

Other than that however I really didn't think much of this book and it's not a one I plan on rereading in the future.



Rating /5

1


If you've read this book let me know what you thought of it as I would love to get other's opinions on this one. Let me know why you think what you think as well as I'm interested in finding out your thoughts on this book.


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx

No comments:

Post a Comment