Me Before You by Jojo Moyes - Review

Sunday 19 June 2016

Hello Book Lovers!

I've finally finished Me Before You by Jojo Moyes and I'm feeling a bit all over the place. I enjoyed this book so much and it made me feel every emotion under the sun.


This story follows Lou who works in a coffee shop and loves her job. However she's not sure whether she loves her boyfriend Patrick. Also what Lou doesn't know is she's about to lose her job. Finding out this Lou then sets out to find another job. An interview for a carer position comes up and Lou decides after much debating to go for it even though she has no experience in this field whatsoever. To her surprise she gets the job and begins to care for a guy called Will who is a paraplegic after having a motorbike accident a couple of years before the story is set.

At first Lou doesn't really know how to deal with Will as he doesn't really talk to her and instead makes sarcastic comments here and there. But after some time the two begin to get used to each other and Lou starts to enjoy her job a little more. What Lou is about to find out however is that Will has no desires to live any more.

Lou sets out to try to make Will see that life isn't all that bad and you can make positives out of the negatives. At the same time Will sets out to try to get Lou to broaden her horizons with the world and try new things that she would never have dared to try before.


I really don't want to tell you much more as I don't want to spoil the story but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I loved the connection between Lou and Will and I loved Will's sarcastic humour towards pretty much everyone.

The story itself covered a lot of serious topics that were written fantastically and the amount of research Jojo Moyes must have had to put into this story is just inspiring. Her writing style is just beautiful and I found myself lost in her words so many times. It was hard for me to put the book down when I needed to be doing something else or being somewhere else.

I felt so gripped throughout the story and it really was an emotional rollercoaster. I don't cry at books very often at all but this had me in tears. The relationships and friendships throughout this novel were written so well and I think that was the main reason I became so attached to some of the characters.

I'm definitely glad I gave this book a read and I will be for sure going to see the film and reading the sequel After Me very soon. I highly recommend this book if you want an emotional read as well as a beautifully written story as Jojo Moyes has done just that.


Rating /5
5


If you've read this book then let me know what you thought of it as I would love to know and I'll speak to you all very soon.


Happy Reading!


xHannahx


No comments:

Post a Comment