The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli - Review

Thursday 1 March 2018

Hello Book Lovers!!!

I've finished The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli and I really enjoyed it. Becky Albertalli is an author that I think is going to turn into an auto-buy-author for me!


This book is about Molly who has a twin sister called Cassie. Molly and Cassie are similar in some ways but very different in others, for example Cassie has had ex's, is very confident when it comes to relationships, and Molly has had 26 crushes and done nothing about any of them...until Cassie gets with a girl called Mina, and Mina has a friend called Will.

But Molly has also started a new job and is now working with a guy called Reid...who she thinks she might also like. So Molly is left in a position of not fully knowing what to do and because she's never done anything about any of her other crushes, she has no idea where to start with this situation.


I really enjoyed this story and I fell in love with the characters very quickly. I felt like I got to know them and their little unique personalities and that helped me enjoy the story even more. Cassie's outgoing, confident, excitable nature kept the story fast flowing and I also found myself laughing at her humor throughout the story.

I loved how I felt like I could relate to Molly in the sense of her being more of an introvert and she also fights with anxiety in a number of different situations. Because I felt I could relate, I got attached to Molly very quickly and felt a kind of protective sister vibe while following her in her story.

I loved the family element to this book and I loved how close Molly's family are. But even though they are all so close, Becky Albertalli didn't make it unrealistic and just like any family, they had up and downs!

This story is so fast paced and I never felt like I was getting bored. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a YA Contemporary with lovable characters and an adorable storyline!


Rating /5
4


Happy Reading!!!


xHannahx



No comments:

Post a Comment